cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook add on for archiving does not appear for one user but works for another

Heelan
Level 2

Hi,

I have a new user who cannot see the outlook add on's , XP machine, outlook 2007.

It works under all other accounts except this one user.

I have run the ResetEVClient.exe

and

Outlook Add-in-en.msi

This has no effect.

He is a new starter, If I open my mail on the same pc it works.

I have recreated outlook profile but this has no effect.

Any Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Also check whether Outlook Anywhere / RPC over hTTP is enabled in outlook, if it is then try disabling it and reopen outlook By default EV is set to disable the client if It detects outlook anywhere or RPC over HTTP is being used, you can change this behavior in the Desktop Policy under Advanced -> Outlook and look for.RPC over HTTP Restrictions and set to none Other possible reasons could be that the user is not enabled Or that Outlook is in cached mode and can't download the hidden message correctly, in which case you would run scanost.exe It could be that the delivery location is set to PST instead of the mailbox
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Heelan
Level 2

He cannot open any archieved emails.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you enabled them for archiving in the VAC?

Working for cloudficient.com

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Also check whether Outlook Anywhere / RPC over hTTP is enabled in outlook, if it is then try disabling it and reopen outlook By default EV is set to disable the client if It detects outlook anywhere or RPC over HTTP is being used, you can change this behavior in the Desktop Policy under Advanced -> Outlook and look for.RPC over HTTP Restrictions and set to none Other possible reasons could be that the user is not enabled Or that Outlook is in cached mode and can't download the hidden message correctly, in which case you would run scanost.exe It could be that the delivery location is set to PST instead of the mailbox
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146