Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook cache mode query

ASG_Roger
Level 2
Partner

Hi there,

I'm designing an EV 11 deployment with Exchange 2013, at muliple sites.

My query is based on a remote site where Outlook cache mode is turned off and using roaming profiling.

Will users at this site be affected in any way from a Vault cache perspective, based on these settings at the remote site?

Thanks,

Roger

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Roger,

No cache mode is no Vault Cache. You can however deploy Virtual Vault (if that is in your design) as you can now set 'no offline store required'.

However, using Roaming Profiles might prove difficulties. As VC/VV need to download stuff (metadata only for VV), you look at possible issues. VC/VV are very basically pst-files, and MS does no support having PST files on networkshares. That might or might not be an issue.

I've not been in an environment where I had that, but it might be worth further checking. As for having EV11, if you go for 11.0.1 (released a few weeks ago), you have the new search, which is WAY more user-friendly than the pre 11.0.1 versions. If there are not too many users on that remote site, it might be possible to leave VC/VV out, and work with the new search alone.

It all depends ofcourse also on the size of the archives and the resulting metadata. If that's small, then enable VV without offline store. If bandwidth is an issue, use search

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Since you have EV11 you should consider the EV-IMAP functionality for this office.  I've used it in many remote locations and am pleased with my user's responses.