cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook client crashes with Metconv add- in

adnila1
Level 3
Hello,

does anybody have a clue here how to troubleshoot the following error. 

"an error has occurred in MetConv.txt file! Please view the MetConv.log for more information"

This error occurs after the installation of the EV client when the outlook client is started. 

MetConv is an Microsoft add-in which is not even installed on the machines. and the MetConv.log does not exist on the machines.

I'm running EV8SP2, the outlook clients are 2007 and the OS is XP.

I would be grateful if someone could help pointing in the right direction to solve this problem.

regards

adnila
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If the issue is urget I recommend you contact support.  I personally have never ran into this issue but a couple things I would try would be to restore the item and re-archive and test the recall again.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Blue_Nose
Level 4
This is a known issue which will be included in the SP3 release, if you log a ticket with support there is a hotfix for SP2

adnila1
Level 3
Thanks for the answer

adnila

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Just like to say that the hotfix is not yet ready for release... but it will be available within the next few weeks, unless we find some issues with it.

Working for cloudficient.com

Blue_Nose
Level 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Please hold off downloading the fixed client, we've noticed a problem in that the build isn't translated correctly - it means dialogs and tool tips are in English even when using the non-English clients.

This should be corrected in the next day or two.

Blue_Nose
Level 4
cheers rob, technote must have just been pulled after I had checked it

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Techfile has been released with updates to the original hotfix - http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/330011.htm

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
the fix works properly (in all supported languages)  :)

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
We'll see.... ;)

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Kai_Schröer
Level 5
Partner Accredited
And again there is a new version of this fix:
seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/330103.htm

Have Fun!

:-)
-----------------------------------
https://twitter.com/pmcs_ev

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

I have been the Engineer  in support working on this and the feedback so far on the hotfix Kai kindly posted is has been good with no customers reporting any further problems. Mr Wilcox was the one that actually fixed it though so thanks Rob ;-).

adnila1
Level 3
I applied the patch , but unfortunatly we keep on having the same error message.

Any other suggestions ?

adnila

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
First of all...

What version and Service pack of Outlook are you using?
What client locale have you got set?
What Operating System, and version are you running on?
What exactly is the error you see?  When do you see it?
Have a look in your EV Client log file, what version does it say you are using?  [Look for this bit... note mine is a debug build] :

24/08/2009 15:50:56.536[2532]: Environment:
24/08/2009 15:50:56.536[2532]:     Enterprise Vault Client 8.0.3.0.0 (DCOM)

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

bagrationi
Level 5
Same problem ... 

I receive this message "an error has occurred in MetConv.txt file! Please view the MetConv.log for more information".  ...and this alert is appearing while i'm clicking on the archived item with attachment. Accordingly the whole message is apper without attachments on it, only text info below is..

Anybody know this problem.... ?

TonySterling
Have you tried the hotfix?
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/330103.htm

bagrationi
Level 5
I've tried this hotfix and the alert message go away.... 

But,... the messages with attachments do not displaying attachments nor after clicking on the shortcut, nor after double clicking on it, so only text info of the attachment file is showing below of the message.

It is very important, the solution for this problem.
So, do you have any experience about this issue... ?

TonySterling
If the issue is urget I recommend you contact support.  I personally have never ran into this issue but a couple things I would try would be to restore the item and re-archive and test the recall again.

Regards,
Tony

bagrationi
Level 5
ok, thanks for your attention..