Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook connection from EV server

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

I was just wondering.

In our environment ( 8 EV 11.1 CU5 servers and 10 Exchange 2010 in a dag so 20 machines) .

I know we are planning the migration.

My question is regarding the outlook configuration on the EV servers.

Right now I have one system mailbox pro machine  and the outlook profile on each of them is configured to use the system account.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to use the system mailbox in the outlook profile ?

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

I don't think it matters. I have Outlook configured to use the VSA, which doesn't seem to cause issues. What migration are you planning? EV upgrade or Exchange upgrade?

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA

Hello Sandrine,

I don't think it matters. I have Outlook configured to use the VSA, which doesn't seem to cause issues. What migration are you planning? EV upgrade or Exchange upgrade?

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello Gertjan,

Thank you for your answer.

We are right now migration from exchange 2010 to 2016 ( the reason of my question as we have old CAS).

And planned is after to move to the newest version of EV ( at least 12.3).

But as you know those migrations take time

Sandrine

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

-deleted-

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you CConsult but I know all that ( my ev environment runs since 2004)I just wanted to make sure I had an efficient configuration.

Sandrine

GertjanA

Sandrine, if you're going to 12.3 I advise you to have a look at SMTP archiving for Journal Archiving. We performed the same excercise a while ago, and we're now configuring SMTP archiving. SMTP Archiving is supposed to be a lot faster.

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

That's the good thing about not having journal archiving just mailboxes archiving. It makes things easier for migrations

Sandrine

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

we did a test too, and nearly double the amount of archived mails with SMTP compared to Journal archiving.

Another advantage of SMTP is that the index data are typically smaller.