cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Collections

anon1m0us1
Level 6

I ran the locator, and NETAPP & EV finally worked and I was able to locate the PST files.

The next step was Running the collector. I ran the task and I received an error:

"PST Collector Task Report File: D:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\Reports\PstColTask_EVCLUSTER_20120509065249.txt

5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM PST Collector Task started

Configuration Settings
----------------------

5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Number of retries after a networking error: 7
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Delay time before a retry after a networking error: 7 Days
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Location of the holding folder: \\EVCLUSTER\PSTHolding
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Maximum amount of data allowed in the holding folder: 10GB
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Maximum number of PSTs for this server to be held in the holding folder: 50
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM PSTs get backed up before being migrated: False
   5/9/2012 6:52:49 AM Archive attribute reset denotes a PST has been backed up: False

** 5/9/2012 7:30:50 AM Could not copy PST file: \\SAN02\nyshared05$\homesny\Jdoe\JDoe.pst : Could not access PST to set it to be read-only. Check that the PST Collector task's log on account has write access to the PST. **

5/9/2012 7:31:50 AM Migration Status of PST: \\SAN02\C$\vol\vol_cifs_li_shared5_homesny\qt_cifs_ny_shared5\homesny\Jdoe\JDoe.pst has been reset to: Ready to Copy

The job so far seems to be hanging. After this error, the Log file has not be updated, but the Collector task still says processing. I do not see any files in PST Holding directory, nor any alerts ibn event log.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to manually copy the PST from that share locally as the VSA?  Is the Collector running as the VSA?  Usually you would want the PST Locator/Collector running as a Domain Admin so it can reach and access remote systems.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried to manually copy the PST from that share locally as the VSA?  Is the Collector running as the VSA?  Usually you would want the PST Locator/Collector running as a Domain Admin so it can reach and access remote systems.

Hope this helps.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

The issue was that orginally the account was not running under VSA. I changed it, but the count was already  set at 1. I did a reset count and reran the task and it now works.

Thanks,

Isaac