cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST: Destination Archive Blank, Cannot Update In Bulk

MiloP
Level 2

Hi,

I am currently ingesting a few thousand PST files to EV, and have a weird issue where the PST files are being picked up by the PST Locator task, but the "Destination archive" field is left blank an the file is "Not Ready".

Things I have tested so far:

1. If I open properties for the file, then update a single file and change the "Destination archive" manually, it sets to "Ready to copy" and works.
  2. If I select a single file and click "Change mailbox and archive", it changes the "Destination archive" but is set to "Not Ready" again and cannot be set to "ready to copy".
  3. If I select multiple files and click "Change mailbox and archive", it changes the "Destination archive" but is set to "Not Ready" again and cannot be set to "ready to copy".
  4. If I set the "Assign to archive" property in "Personal Store Management" properties, it does not assign the specified destination archive.

I have over 1,000 PST files in this state that I do not want to update manually one-by-one. Is there anything I can do to change these in bulk?

1 REPLY 1

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I have seen these sorts of issues but they typically require some depth of investigation at the SQL level. I would suggest opening a support case or using the identified workaround if you can tollerate it for that number of users.