Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Export and import to outlook

Marco_Zoomer
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

for a customer i am busy creating a work path for movings mail form one organization to another. In the current one they have a Exchange 2003 and EV 8.0 setup.  In the new one they only have a Exchange 2007 setup.

What we want to do is Acrhive all items from exchange to EV and than export to PST. At the new site we import the PST into Exchange

Now i am testing evrything works fine. But my calender items aren't imported. When i open is see a folder named Calender with all the items but it is not imported. When i drag the items it works but we want to do this in one automatic step.

Does anyone got a clue? Any help or remark is welcome.

Marco Zoomer

6 REPLIES 6

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

So the PST Files with Calendar items aren't importing in to the Outlook/Exchange environment?

Not really sure, but i would imagine that microsoft would be your best bet to contact them

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what are you using to import the PST to Exchange 2007?

Marco_Zoomer
Level 4
Partner

I Use Outlook to import the items.

When i open the PST the calender is shown as i folder and not seen as calender item. Is this the way that EV exports it? Or is there a other explenation.

Work arround would be to not archive the calender items and export them with exmerge.

AndrewB

you mentioned you want to do it "in one automatic step" so i'd recommend powershell over outlook.

Import-Mailbox -Identity <mailboxUser> -PSTFolderPath <PSTFileLocation>

Marco_Zoomer
Level 4
Partner

Andre,

that is an option, but it is not my call. All i have to do is deliver a PST file with the content of the users mailbox. The other party will be performing the import.

I wanted to test the import and at that point i noticed that my calender items aren't imported. Possibly due to the fact is shows up in the PST as a folder item and is not recognized as a calender.

AndrewB

you could try it to see if it works better than outlook