Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Import - Date Filter

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

we´re planning a PST Migration for a archive migration. We want to handle this with the EV native tools. We will get a bunch of PST Files with a list in which the referenced user is named.

To reduce dublets (reasons for the dublets result from a coexistence of both archiving products) I wondered if it´s possible to set a Date Filter in EVPM PST Migrations. On a first view I didn´t found a solution for this date filter in the utilities pdf. I only want import items which are younger than a specific date. 

Do you know a clue for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hi Jakob

Walking through the on-screen wizard, it doesn't seem you can do it in the UI.

It also looks like you can't do it using EVPM either.

Third party products, like our PST Flight Deck, can de-duplicate PST file date, as well as allow you to specify things like 'Do not ingest anything older than 1st January 2014'. It doesn't do a date range (yet), but the de-duplication is something that a lot of customers use, for exactly the reasons you outlined.

Thanks

Rob

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hi Jakob

Walking through the on-screen wizard, it doesn't seem you can do it in the UI.

It also looks like you can't do it using EVPM either.

Third party products, like our PST Flight Deck, can de-duplicate PST file date, as well as allow you to specify things like 'Do not ingest anything older than 1st January 2014'. It doesn't do a date range (yet), but the de-duplication is something that a lot of customers use, for exactly the reasons you outlined.

Thanks

Rob

Working for cloudficient.com

Hi Rob,

you´re right. Only in the export archiv wizard there is a option for a date filter. Same thing for exchange pst import & export.

We will check how we can solve this duplication topic while exporting the items from the old archiving solution.

Thank you

Jakob

Two thoughts:

1) It might be best to deal with the duplication issue while the items are still in PST format. There is a whole cottage industry of duplicate cleaners for Outlook, and if you managed to clean out the duplicates at the PST stage, then you would remove the need to worry about the date range during import to EV.

2) It's kind of a cockamamie workaround, but if you absolutely must import only a specific date range, then you could first import the entire PST to a dummy archive, then export that archive to a new PST using the date range filter on the export, then import that new filtered PST to your production archive. It's more work, but if you're dead set on using only EV-native tools, it will do the job.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you for your ideas!

1) the problem here is that i don´t have the duplicates in the pst here. I have to migrate the mailbox with unarchived regular items with exchange migration requests. Additional i will get a pst from the old archive solution. This PST can contain the same items as in the mailbox, more items or less items. So this way would only be possilbe if we migrate the exchange mailbox to a pst first. Because of the time which is needed for this mailbox migration this way is not possible.

2) It´s an Idea... I will check if this will help us and if i want to do this ugly workaround.

Jakob