cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Import - Emails made with Outlook 97-2003 Forms are not migratet and set to the failed Folder

HDavid
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Hey there!

I got a Problem at a Customers site.
They migrate PST's and some Emails are not migrated into the Archive.
The mails are with Outlook Forms from 97-2003.
After migrating the PST these Emails are set to the "migrated PST’s failed Items" Folder.

The Customer sent us a sample Email.
We recieve it as empty. So the Forms only work at the customers site an are only sent internal.

PST Migrator Task Report only tells me
".........but the PST file contains items that could not be migrated. The PST file has not been set read-only. "
Message Class is IPM.Note....
I'm waiting for the EV Server log to look if failures are in there.

As far as we know the Forms where designet with the Outlook internalt Form Designer (is it VB?)

is it possible that EV does not archive such Items?
Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
It's probably failing because we cannot work out how to correctly handle the content due to the custom form so we are playing it safe and moving instead of archiving. As a test you could ask your customer to archive one of the items manually to see what happens to it (perhaps a copy of an item would be best!). If it works fine then they can simply enable the message class for the items if they are using a custom messatgte class too and then the items will be archived by the task

Simon_Butler
Level 5
Certified
I've a similar issue with scheduled archiving causing repeated errors in the event log when a custom form is encountered.  I've a case open - nothing to report yet but I'll post if I get a workaround.

Simon
On a quest to clear up the Symantec event log...

HDavid
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Nick,
we tried archiving manually out of the "Failed" Folder, and also copied the Mail into the inbox and tried to archive.
We get the pending icon for 10 sec and then it get's back to the normal Mail Icon.

Failure in the Eventlog is:
so loke you see, the Ev Log refers to the PSTMigrator Task Report and vice versa :)

Enterprise Vault could not migrate an item from a PST to an archive. Check the migration report once the migration has completed.

PST: D:\PSTTemp\Copy1379.pst

Subject: FW: New Account Form ..::Ciao::..

Folder: INVIATE

Archive Name: XXX,XXX

Archive ID: XXXXXXX

Error: Failed to get custom properties. [0xc004710f]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
If manual archiving of the items from the mailbox is failing too then it sounds like we might need to take a look at an example message to work out which property is causing the items to fail. Probably best to open a support case so that we can check the items (assuming you can share one of them with us) and see if this requires a code change

HDavid
Level 4
Partner Accredited
ok, i will try this.
but i think this could be a bit difficult, because we receive the mail as empty (4kB in size)
ill open a support case toworrow an post the solution if i get one.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
If it's impossible to get copies of the items then we may be able to provide additional tracing around the problem. It would be worth getting a dtrace (either MigratorServer or ArchiveTask depending on which method you use) anyway as it may show additional information about the exact nature of the problem already

HDavid
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Nick,
i got an PST with the Mail in it. now we are able to open them.
Now i try archiving it manually at my site.
let's see what happens.
Only porblem i still have is, that my Examples are "new" and the ones in the pst where older (around a Year in the PST)

Laurent_Wuilmar
Level 3

Hello David and others,

we face exactly the same issue in our environment with version 8SP4. Customized outlook forms are not archived (pending state and 5 seconds later back to normal). And all these forms have the IPM.note class.

did you finally find a solution for your issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm also curious to know if this has been resolved

HermanDV
Level 4
Partner

EV8 SP4 hotfix 2017575 solved this.