cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Locator Task not finding all computers in Active Directory

johnnylongmcse
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Does anyone know why the PST Locator Task does not find all computers in Active Directory on the first pass or how many cycles it must run before it does?  I am running EV 10.0.2, and have run the Locator task multiple times over the space of a week and it is scheduled to run 24/7.  I see events in the event log stating that it completes and the list grows slightly each time it runs. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The PSTLocator task performs it's searches in loops...  the first port of call is to look for Domains.  Then when it's run again, any domains that are selected to be searched will be searching using an LDAP query for 'computer' objects. (ObjectCategory = computer).

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@johnny Did you manage to get useful information from the link?

johnnylongmcse
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Nope, but I did make stop the check for NetApp filers and just manually marked them after the scan completed.  This resolved my issue, but did not answer the initial question.  

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The PSTLocator task performs it's searches in loops...  the first port of call is to look for Domains.  Then when it's run again, any domains that are selected to be searched will be searching using an LDAP query for 'computer' objects. (ObjectCategory = computer).

Hope that helps,

johnnylongmcse
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thanks, that confirms my suspicion.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.  And, about the only way you can speed things up is to stop the NetApp filer check (as you indicated)