Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Locator Update

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I am busy with a new EV implementation, EV 10 sp4 CU2, and there is PST ingestion portion as part of the project

The customer has noticed an interesting anomaly. The PST Locator finds a list of PST on desktop x and adds the PST to the File List in the VAC, this is the expected behavior. But a user manually copies or moves a specific PST into Outlook and then manually deletes the PST from the desktop. The next day the PST Locator runs and successfully scans the desktop X again but it doesn't update the fact that the PST is no longer on the desktop.

The customers wants to use the PST File list in the VAC to monitor the number of PST in the environment, so if this list is not being updated to reflect the fact a PST was manually removed it will inconsistent. Is this the normal behavior and why wouldn't EV automatically remove a PST  from the VAC list if its not on the desktop anymore?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hmmmm. To my knowledge it has never done that (removed PST files which disappear). Rob might have more thoughts on this, but I can’t recall this ever being a feature.

Even post processing you have always needed to remove the files manually from the console…

Regards,

Jeff

From

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hmmmm. To my knowledge it has never done that (removed PST files which disappear). Rob might have more thoughts on this, but I can’t recall this ever being a feature.

Even post processing you have always needed to remove the files manually from the console…

Regards,

Jeff

From

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I think Jeff is right. Disappeared files haven't been removed (in case they come back?) Thanks Rob
Working for cloudficient.com

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think this is expected and the at there is no removal of items but only additions from the location process… unless I misread the thread.