Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migration Error

anon1m0us1
Level 6

PST Migration Report

Migration status: Incomplete

Processing aborted. The mailbox does not have enough space to complete the PST migration. Increase the indicated mailbox storage limit by at least 250657KB and run PST Migrator again to move the items in the PST to the mailbox.

Why would I need to increase the mailbox? I thought EV adds shortcuts?

Also my mailbox Total size is  47996kb?? Is there a minium space requirement? My max mailbox size is 250mb. My pst is 2.4GB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CFreeX
Level 4

If so, I would have a look at the "shortcut content" policy and "Restrict shortcuts by age" setting.

Restrict shortcuts by age. Enables you to specify that shortcuts are created only for newer items. This can be useful if, for example, you are importing items that are several years old and do not want to create shortcuts to them.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

anon1m0us1
Level 6

Found the answer here.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/pst-ingestion-auto-increasing-mailbox-quota

However, I did notice that my mailbox grew from 49MB to 187MB after the PST migration. How can I limit this since users only have a max of 250MB mailbox size?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

If you are creating shortcuts in the mailbox for the PST, then the size of the mailbox would  increase .

IF you dont want that you may opt to just delete the PST after migration from the mailbox and if user wants to access any data they can access then via archvie explorer.

CFreeX
Level 4

If so, I would have a look at the "shortcut content" policy and "Restrict shortcuts by age" setting.

Restrict shortcuts by age. Enables you to specify that shortcuts are created only for newer items. This can be useful if, for example, you are importing items that are several years old and do not want to create shortcuts to them.

anon1m0us1
Level 6

The problem is that users expect to view PSTS like in the past, seeing all emails! They will freak if now they need to go to explorer and start searching for emails.

Also, if I do change the policy, is there a way to force the change? Maybve mailbox went over the limit and now I can not send mail. How do I delete the shortcuts and make it take effect?