cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migration of contacts and calendar.

xgtdec
Level 4

Hi Folks

Just looking for a quick answer on PST Migration of contacts and calendar. Im doing server driven pst migrations where each user has a mailbox folder called "enterprise vault"

In my pst migration policy ive selected all the message classes and under shortcut creation ive selected "this folder under the root folder" and filled with "enterprise vault"

for info's sake i'm also restricting shortcut creation to items older than 2 years.

All works fine, the mails within the 2 year limit are sent to the mailbox as they should be!

But the contacts and calendar are empty, if i browse the archive al the contacts have been migrated into the archive, but they have not been moved to the mailbox as per the age limit.

Is this because contacts dont receive shortcuts and as such will never get put to the mailbox?

2 REPLIES 2

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

In the PST Migration policy, you can select what item you want to import. You can check the Message Classes in the PST migration policy > Message Classes tab. In there, you can see what item is eligible for archiving.

Probably IPM.Contact* and IPM.Calendar* are not selected to archive.

xgtdec
Level 4

Thanks for the response!!!

My point would be that ALL message classes are selected including IPM.Contact* and IPM.Calendar*.

And all IPM.Contact* and IPM.Calendar* items DO get archived, but none within the age boundry of 2 years get moved to the mailbox.

Is this because  an IPM.Contact* and IPM.Calendar* item would not receive a shortcut and therefore would not be eligible to be moved back to the mailbox?