Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Migration problem

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

I have som problems importing 1 PST file ( this is the second on I am trying to import, first one whent ok ) 
PST file 600MB.

This is a freash install of EV 8.0 SP1 on a Win 2003 SP2 server, archiving from exchange 2007

The PST locator, and collector task ok.
When running Migrator task

Event ID 6593 :

imagebrowser image

It refferes to Archive name :Sent items??

Event ID:

imagebrowser image

And Event Id:

imagebrowser image

Any Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Seem's my problem might have been found.
Under PST migration policy the "Adjust Exchange Quotas" was not set. And reason for his was that exchange quotas was not to be used on users mailboxes, for this user PST files were tried to import, quotas where enabled. Unfortunatly after trying to import the PST file and it ended in error, EV seems to have information about the PST files stored. So the way to get around the problem, where to restore a copy of PST file, and rename it. And then do an new import. Status on the import is completing due to backup og vault stor not been run yet. I'll post information if import completed succesfully tomorrow.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
PST Migrator Task Report File: C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports\PstMigTask_VMEV01

5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM PST Migrator Task started

Configuration Settings
----------------------

5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Number of retries after a networking error: 7
5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Delay time before a retry after a networking error: 1 Day
5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Location of the holding folder: \\Vmev01\PST HOLDING
5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Location of the temporary files folder: \\VMEV01\D$\PST HOLDING\TEMP
5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Number of concurrent migrations: 10
5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM Archive attribute reset denotes a PST has been backed up: False

** 5/27/2009 12:08:07 PM PST migration of \\FTFPC81\C$\Data\ftf\epost\archive_ftf_2008.pst: Unspecified error. Please check the event log. **

Migration of PST: \\FTFPC81\C$\Data\ftf\epost\archive_ftf_2008.pst

Migration Settings
------------------

Migration Start Time: 5/27/2009 12:02:36 PM
Migration End Time: 5/27/2009 12:08:07 PM
Migration Copy File: \\VMEV01\D$\PST HOLDING\TEMP\Copy75.pst
Shortcut Mode: Create shortcuts and move them to Exchange Mailbox

Include Deleted Items: true
Set PST Hidden: false
Set PST Read-Only: false
Compact PST: false
Delete PST: true
Archive Non-Expired Calendar Items: false
Cancel Mailbox Auto-Archive: true
Merge PST Folders: false

Migration Results
-----------------

Number of folders processed: 4
Number of items archived to vault: 0 of 1446
- Number of items not eligible for archiving because of PST Migration Policy setting: 1446
Number of items moved to mailbox: 0 of 0

Job failed: PST migration of \\FTFPC81\C$\Data\ftf\epost\archive_ftf_2008.pst: Unspecified error. Please check the event log. 

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Seem's my problem might have been found.
Under PST migration policy the "Adjust Exchange Quotas" was not set. And reason for his was that exchange quotas was not to be used on users mailboxes, for this user PST files were tried to import, quotas where enabled. Unfortunatly after trying to import the PST file and it ended in error, EV seems to have information about the PST files stored. So the way to get around the problem, where to restore a copy of PST file, and rename it. And then do an new import. Status on the import is completing due to backup og vault stor not been run yet. I'll post information if import completed succesfully tomorrow.

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Yes the problem was exchange quota, but very strange no one else seems to had this problem, or any other with som solutions.