cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST- delete after migration

EV7
Level 4

Hi, I'm a bit unclear about what the option delete PST after migration entails. I thought it would delete the PST file from the file system, but it could also mean to delete the PST file from the holding area or deleting the PST file from the Outlook client. 

After a trial migration I see the original PST is still there, with attributes set to readonly.

The Holding area is empty and the PST file has disappeared from the Outlook client. So, should I delete the PST files from the filesystem manually after a succesful migration?

or does it delete the pst after a successfull backup.??

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

The "Delete the PST file" option means definitely the PST file in the filesystem of the user/server, not the holding area (it will be deleted there, too, but automatically and in every success case)

What I could imagine is that there are some items left which were not eligible for archiving.

Could you have a look at the logs? (I assume it was a Locate/Collect/Migrate migration, or a Client Driven)

-> Personal Store Management

-> Files

-> File in question

-> History, I think

You should be able to see the report somewhere there

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

EV7
Level 4

Log file says this ..successfull, but the PST has not been deleted 

Migration of PST: \\CDRIVEHOME.ASBBANK.CO.NZ\C$\ATCA02users\users\Home\PraveenR.home$\outlook\TestPST.pst Migration Settings ------------------ Client-driven migration of part 1 of PST - the totals are the accumulated totals of all parts migrated so far Migration Start Time: 13/10/2008 5:28:45 p.m. Migration End Time: 13/10/2008 5:28:54 p.m. Migration Copy File: \\NTATCA511\P$\PST_Staging\pst8585_1.db Shortcut Mode:

Do not create any shortcuts to the migrated items Include Deleted Items: true Set PST Hidden: false Set PST Read-Only: false Compact PST: false Delete PST: true Archive Non-Expired Calendar Items: true Cancel Mailbox Auto-Archive: false Merge PST Folders: false Migration Results ----------------- Number of folders processed: 7 Number of items archived to vault:

11 of 11 Number of items moved to mailbox: 0 of 0 PST Migration completed successfully

NiteBreed
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

you should also check the status of the PST File under Personal Store Management-Files. If the state is still "Completing" you should check, if you already made a backup of the archived content.

You are right: Only after a successful backup (no elements in "awaiting backup"), the pst files will be deleted by EV.

Best,

Nite