cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST file stuck in "Copying" state

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

I'm running EV 9.0.4 and trying to migrate a PST file. The "copy" stage failed b/c the user had the file open in Outlook. I know how to handle this most times, but this time the state of the file in VAC is "Copying". I've stopped and restarted the PST Migrator task. I've even stopped and restarted all the EV services on my EV server. The only thing left to try is bouncing the server.

I know the task completed b/c the log file shows that it could not be copied. The properties on the file show the same thing. It's been hours and the state of the file is the same. It won't let me delete the file from the VAC file list either b/c it thinks the task has to finish.

There's nothing in my "Holding" share location either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

Well Folks,

It turns out SEV knew how to take care of this itself. I reran the Collector task to scoop up some other pst's I had targetted for migration and EV changed the status of the "stuck" pst to "Ready to Migrate". It then completed the copy it was unable to perform yesterday.

So this case is closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is this a client side migration or server side?? Also where is the PST located? Users machine or file server?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

This is a server side migration. The PST file is on the user's local C:\ drive. I found it by doing a "registry search" via the locator task. I have no trouble finding the pst file. It's the copy stage that's getting tripped up.

I think part of the issue is the first time I tried to copy it, the user had Outlook open so the "file was in use by another process". The collector task log shows:

** 1/29/2015 3:36:36 PM Could not copy PST file: <pc>\C$\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\Outlook Files\archive.pst : The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file. **

1/29/2015 3:37:21 PM PST Collector Task normal completion after a stop request or at end of schedule

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

Well Folks,

It turns out SEV knew how to take care of this itself. I reran the Collector task to scoop up some other pst's I had targetted for migration and EV changed the status of the "stuck" pst to "Ready to Migrate". It then completed the copy it was unable to perform yesterday.

So this case is closed.