cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST import - Multiple entries found for mailbox

Swipe
Level 3

Hi,

Got a wierd one here. Running EV11.0.1 and there used to be a mailbox and ev mail archive called "education". The mailbox was deleted 12 months ago when the role went ouside of our organisation but the archive was not deleted. Now the role has returned and a new mailbox was created with the same name "education" whichwas auto enabled for archiving which resulted in a new vault the same name, so we now had two "education" vaults (one associoated with an unknown account and one associated with the new account, as expected).

However, I now need to import a PST file to the new vault but when I try to do so via Personal Store Management \ Add \ SIngle and try to select the new "education" mailbox as the destination archive I get the following error:

"Multiple entries found for mailbox : Education". I tried renaming the old "education" archive but the problem still remained. I then exported the old archive to PST and deleted the old archive. Now I'm still getting the message even though only one "education" vault now exists which is correctly associated with the education mailbox.

I was hoping deleting the old archive would resolve this error. Does it look like a support call to Support? I thought about creating a new "education" mailbox and vault with a slighly different name but this seems like a lot of hassle I can do without as I'd have to start moving all the mail over to the new account.

I'm hoping there might be some SQL stuff in the background that still needs to run to complete the deletion but the old archive has now gone from the Archives \ Exchange Mailbox container so I'm guess it has completed. Any ideas on how I can resolve this and get the new PST imported?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

The problem is that there are multiple entries in EV for mailboxes called "Education." All your troubleshooting steps you mentioned have revolved around removing the duplicate archive, not the duplicate mailbox.

You said that the original mailbox was deleted from Exchange, but EV hangs onto its record of the mailbox in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table. Run this against your EnterpriseVaultDirectory database:

SELECT * 
FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE MbxDisplayName LIKE '%Education%'

I bet you see two results.

You need to delete the older record. You should be able to determine which is which by the LegacyMbxDN (which corresponds to the LegacyExchangeDN attribute on the AD user object) or just by the LastModified column.

--Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

The problem is that there are multiple entries in EV for mailboxes called "Education." All your troubleshooting steps you mentioned have revolved around removing the duplicate archive, not the duplicate mailbox.

You said that the original mailbox was deleted from Exchange, but EV hangs onto its record of the mailbox in the ExchangeMailboxEntry table. Run this against your EnterpriseVaultDirectory database:

SELECT * 
FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry
WHERE MbxDisplayName LIKE '%Education%'

I bet you see two results.

You need to delete the older record. You should be able to determine which is which by the LegacyMbxDN (which corresponds to the LegacyExchangeDN attribute on the AD user object) or just by the LastModified column.

--Chris