Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST import into Archive job failed

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a question regarding using the EV import pst wizard in the VAC. I ran a job to import a pst into a user's archive but it failed in the middle of the job due to the server the pst was hosted on rebooted unexpectedly. Now I want to retry the job but I am suspecting I will get duplicate items in the user's archive. What is the best way to fix this? 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

So the way I resolved this was by exporting the items out of the folder where the job failed and choosing to remove items from the folder and subfolders in the export wizard. Luckily it was a subfolder underneath the inbox. Then once that completed I re ran the import job from the pst.

Also, The resume interrupted jobs only works for Exports not Imports.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

what version of EV? if you go back to the wizard it might have the option to resume the interrupted job.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Andrew is correct, when you launch the PST Import Wizard you should have the option to manage interupted imports. (Although I could be thinking of the Archive Export Wizard) :) 

Anyhow, as EV imports items from the PST it removes them from the PST, so you shouldn't have duplicates either way.

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

If you want to be sure open a few mails, obviously with permission of the user, then check if you got the same contents in the PST and in the PST-Import folder.

If you have same contents Export the subfolder of PST-Import for the specific PST, in case you create a folder for each imported PST and not merge it.

This way you will be sure to not have duplicates in the archive.

As far as I remember you can only resume an interrupted job, while the the PST-Import wizard is still open.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

So the way I resolved this was by exporting the items out of the folder where the job failed and choosing to remove items from the folder and subfolders in the export wizard. Luckily it was a subfolder underneath the inbox. Then once that completed I re ran the import job from the pst.

Also, The resume interrupted jobs only works for Exports not Imports.