cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partition Information (SQL/SCOM)

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

I'm setting up some alerting/monitoring and do not see the partition Status and other information in the SCOM MP. Does anyone else get the values returned in SCOM?

Is there any way to gather these details from SQL?

EV11.0.1CHF2

Thanks

Partition_0.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if it's listed in the SCOM pack i would assume you should see it... as far as grabbing the details manually, i think the size and drive info comes from windows wmi calls, not sql, but you can select * from PartitionEntry and see the different fields and which ones are interesting to you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

in SQL you can do something like this:

Use EnterpriseVaultDirectory

select PartitionStatus from PartitionEntry

where PartitionName = 'EVARC AP STR01 Ptn 7'

-- Partition Status 2 means open and 1 means closed or ready which you can tell if rollover is enabled if need be

Elio_C
Level 6

Great thanks Andrew, that gives me the PartitionStatus.

Any idea on the other information, can "hours since last backup" and the sizing infomation be grabbed from the SQL?

Any idea if this data should be in SCOM, i.e. does it actually work? I'm trying to narrow down if i have a SCOM config issue?

Thanks

AndrewB

if it's listed in the SCOM pack i would assume you should see it... as far as grabbing the details manually, i think the size and drive info comes from windows wmi calls, not sql, but you can select * from PartitionEntry and see the different fields and which ones are interesting to you.

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks very much Andrew.

Weird as it seems to be getting some of the partition information from the SQL but not the 'Status'.

I'll have to do some further testing.

Thanks again.