Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password request when select "Reporting" in the VAC

Contonso
Level 4

Hello together,

hope someone can help me out.

We are running EV 9.0.1 for Exchange. Since last week I have starange issue on the VAC.

EV does not display me any results under "Reporting".

I mean the function at Vault Store Groups -> Select Store-> right click and choose "Reporting".

I now get a prompt for a password. If I type the Vault Admin account it accepts and when I then select "View usage report by Billing Account" or "Return to Vault Store summary". It does not display me any result. I have now waited abot 15 min. without any results. An error message is also not displayed. Also no entries in the Event Logs.

Does anyone has an idea what could cause this problem?

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Contonso
Level 4

I've got it.

Seems really to be something with IE. I have deleted the IE cache and reset (restore) the IE Settings (on IE8 Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-Reset button "delete Personal setting" selected as well). Then restarted the VAC and no password request and no access denied anymore.

Thans for all support.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What happens if you access the usage.asp page directly?

the page would be http://evserver/enterprisevault/usage.asp

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Anything changed with your OS, such as updates? IE updates? Check to see if your EV server and EV site alias are in the Local Intranet Trust Zone?

Contonso
Level 4

Hey,

the only thing what happen was that one of the Domain admins deleted the Vault System Account accidently.

We have restored the account (not recreated). So that EV was able work again.

Everything else seems workin archiving, collecting, processing etc

@Tony

A direct access works. I think that something has happend to permissions but I do not know where to check.

Thanks.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Might be worth reapplying the Vault Service account in the EV Admin Console - on the Properties of the of the EV site click on the Service Account tab and reapply it in there and see what happens. Will need to restart EV services. Worth a try or/and recreate the vault serice account windows profile on the EV server.  

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

sorry the Properties of EV Directory not EV Site.

Ameen
Level 6

Try with new windows profile.

Steps, delete/rename windows profile>login with the account so it creates a new profile>then check the status of issue.

Contonso
Level 4

Hi CTEV and Hi ameen,

bot suggestions (reapply the service account and recreating a new Profile) did not solve the issue.

I still get a login mask if I select "Reporting".

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Hi Contonso,

In that case I suspect it's to do with cached credential on this machine. Try the following:

1. Open Command Prompt.
  2. Type the command: rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr

Clear out all cached credentials and restart the EV Admin console.

Hope this helps.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

BTW,

what version of IE is running on your EV server? and when the popup appears does it display an emtpy box or does it display with an existing username?

Contonso
Level 4

I've got it.

Seems really to be something with IE. I have deleted the IE cache and reset (restore) the IE Settings (on IE8 Tools-Internet Options-Advanced-Reset button "delete Personal setting" selected as well). Then restarted the VAC and no password request and no access denied anymore.

Thans for all support.