cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permission in nested group doesn't work.

SergioMinniti
Level 3

Hi,
someone can help me? In my Enterprise Vault 8.0sp1 Org  I use nested group (group in other group) to delegate r/w permission on EV enabled mailbox.
All works fine only if I assign explicit permission (user on object) on EV enabled mailbox. How can I resolve this problem? I need to use nested group.
I wait your reply, thank you.

Sergio

8 REPLIES 8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Have a look at permissionbrowser, see what it says...

SergioMinniti
Level 3

Hi Wayne!
In the Permission browser there is the first group, inside it there is the other group where there are the members that must access to archived mailbox.
The groups are: group scope Universal with group type Security for the first group and group scope Global with group type Security for the nested group.
Have you any idea? Thanks.

Sergio

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I've seen this reported before, but never been able to reproduce the problem.

Do these groups have SMTP addresses?
Where and how are you delegating the permissions?
Working for cloudficient.com

SergioMinniti
Level 3

Hi Rob,
thank you very much for your answer. I don't do nothing else that to enable a mailbox for archive. The permissions are automatically set in EV Permission mailbox tab. I archive only office service mailbox where in MS Exchange 2007 the access is delegated to users using nested group. In EV the inherit permissions don't work. I have done a lot of tests and I have seen that the nested groups configuration doesn't work, only direct permission (user on EV mailbox) or ONLY one level group (user in a group and the group has the permission on EV object) works fine.
I wait your reply. Thanks

Sergio

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
How are you delegating access?  Through Outlook, or through powershell/EMC ? If it's through EMC/powershell what permissions are you giving the delegate?

SergioMinniti
Level 3
Hi Rob,
I use powershel/EMC with full mailbox access attribute. The permissions are inherited correctly by EV (gray colour in EV properties mmc) but they don't work.
Thanks

Sergio

SergioMinniti
Level 3
.... Any idea? Please help me :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Sergio, Sorry I've not had any time to look in to it in any detail.