cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Forms missing after client deployment

ixtc4233
Level 3
Hi,
   We have successfully deployed the client to all systems (~4000) and began vaulting their mailboxes. Many but not all users report that they do not see the Archived icon show up for messages that have been archived, though they do read "This message has been archived." in the message body.

Upon troubleshooting, the users that report this do not have the 4 forms populated in Forms Manager under personal Forms. If I manaully install the forms from the default program files\..\Forms\EN directory, everything is good.

So question is, for potentially hundreds or more systems, how can I script or automate a fix to get the forms installed and showing up in Forms Manager? The resetEVclient utility was suggested but customer doesn't like the fact that temp files are dumped and prefer another option.

Thanks,
Troy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

With Enterprise Vault (EV) 2007, the forms are now included with the client extensions and can be deployed via the mailbox policy. Perform the following to deploy the forms:
1. Open the vault administration console
2. Expand Enterprise Vault | Site name | Policies | Exchange | Mailbox
3. Properties of the appropriate policies | Advanced tab
4. From the drop down menu, choose Outlook
5. Set the policy Deploy Forms Locally to Always
6. Synchronize all mailboxes

With EV 8 this is in the Desktop polciy.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

With Enterprise Vault (EV) 2007, the forms are now included with the client extensions and can be deployed via the mailbox policy. Perform the following to deploy the forms:
1. Open the vault administration console
2. Expand Enterprise Vault | Site name | Policies | Exchange | Mailbox
3. Properties of the appropriate policies | Advanced tab
4. From the drop down menu, choose Outlook
5. Set the policy Deploy Forms Locally to Always
6. Synchronize all mailboxes

With EV 8 this is in the Desktop polciy.

ixtc4233
Level 3
That would be too easy though.

So to verify, as long as the full client is installed across all systems, setting this policy will populate the forms where they need to be so that all the icons appear for the user? If so, I'll pass it to our Exchange guy to test out on his end.

TonySterling
yep, that is how it works.   :)

Cheers,

ixtc4233
Level 3
The EV admin emailed me back saying that in the console for the site, the policy is set for always. He said it the default setting (which I thought wasn't in EV 2007) I asked him what service pack we are running and he said SP5. Shouldn't the forms then be deployed to the clients with this policy set and if so what could be happening why it might not be? Otherwise, is there another way to populate the forms automagically? 

Thanks!
Troy

ixtc4233
Level 3
Closing this thread due to the mention of using the Deploy forms locally policy that was brought up as the fix. Thanks Tony!