Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placeholder NetApp information

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Is there a simple way (tool or cli?) to see the information contained into a placeholder that is on a NetApp file server, like the link to the EV server, the saveset ID, the Archive ID ... ? Or any other nice information? :)

Configuration: EV 9, OnTAP 8  

Thanks.

Renaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I did not think that the streams of the file worked the same on a netapp as the recall is not handled by the filter driver like on an NTFS server but rather by the FPolicy on the filer. I would use Streams or notepad to view them persoanly... but I prefer Firefox and I am sure someone prefers Opera and Internet Exploder.

I am pretty sure I recall there was a way to look at these items but I cannot recall it. it is one of those thinkgs that is used pretty sparsley. If I recall there mayh be an internal SYMC TN that tells you how to do it.

Are you having an issue that would require you to do so? You could approach it the other way and DTrace the NetappPHSvr service on the EV server to test.

I think another really important thing for Netapps is not to do the recalling from the proxy (in the DB but usually the EV server) as you will get differnt results... and sometimes failures on good items.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I did not think that the streams of the file worked the same on a netapp as the recall is not handled by the filter driver like on an NTFS server but rather by the FPolicy on the filer. I would use Streams or notepad to view them persoanly... but I prefer Firefox and I am sure someone prefers Opera and Internet Exploder.

I am pretty sure I recall there was a way to look at these items but I cannot recall it. it is one of those thinkgs that is used pretty sparsley. If I recall there mayh be an internal SYMC TN that tells you how to do it.

Are you having an issue that would require you to do so? You could approach it the other way and DTrace the NetappPHSvr service on the EV server to test.

I think another really important thing for Netapps is not to do the recalling from the proxy (in the DB but usually the EV server) as you will get differnt results... and sometimes failures on good items.

I hope this helps.