Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible EV upgrade issue

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi All
I have a customer that we are doing an upgrade to EV 8.0 sp3 from 7.5 sp3  this weekend
I have  a concern around something that may cause as issue
They have 3  x Mailbox Archiving Stores and 1x Journal Store
Each Store has between 6-8 partition's that connect between a combination of Centera and NTFS
One of the partitions data on NTFS has been removed ages ago and there is no backup so this data is gone
During the upgrade one of the steps is to  wait for the Storage database to be upgraded by the relevant EV server running the Storage service
Does anyone think that due to  partition data not being accessible this step may fail ?Or does this aspect of the upgrade concern itself only with SQL and therefore missing data won't cause any problems ?
I will use EVSVR to cleanup afterwards
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
@ Michelz and Jesuswept2

Okay ,let me remove the missing data before the upgrade.
Thx for the input

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You may want to use vsverify/dvschecker on your original installation before upgrading. I advice you to contact symantec support to get this straight. Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The upgrade doesn't really have any concern for the data, only the databases themselves.
Also when you are archiving because they were in old closed partitions EV will not attempt to share with them, only new data that is written to the fingerprint database will attempt to be shared.

But regardless of what version, i agree with michelZ that you need to get data integrity checks done, vsverify to get the items purged, or dvschecker to get the items back in, if you upgrade in the condition you are in, you will have to use EVSVR which will be somewhat more complex
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
@ Michelz and Jesuswept2

Okay ,let me remove the missing data before the upgrade.
Thx for the input