cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PowerShell] Use new commands introduced in v.12 in v.11?

npotter
Level 2

Hello,

We are currently using EV 11 and need to extract all of our emails as PST files. We are aware that we are able to do this through the UI but would like to be able to script this using powershell.

I understand that in Vault v.12 there is a command that allows you to export a vault (Export-EVNARAArchive) however this is not available in v.11 that we have.  Is there anything we can do to allow us to use these commands?

Thanks,

Nathanael

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

The Export-EVNARAArchive and Export-EVArchive cmdlets require EV 12. You cannot make use of them in an EV 11 environment, sorry.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the reply.

Is there anyway to make it work?  Could we copy the relevant DLLs from EV12 and use them in EV11? 

Thanks,

Nathanael

Not that I know of. I tried copying the DLL housing those cmdlets (Symantec.EnterpriseVault.PowerShell.Snapin.dll) over to an 11 lab, and the EV Management Shell simply crashes on startup. They're not compatible. Aside from the possibly of a third-party solution (I don't know of any that do this, but maybe someone else here does), you're going to have to upgrade to use this functionality.

--Chris