cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Reqs for Enterprise Vault 9.0 for archiving Exchange Server 2010

Robert_Ton
Level 5

I have a working EV 9 environment, but I want to make sure I am following best practices. I used the following whitepaper to setup archiving for Exchange 2010.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH144726

Our VSA is named evadmin and we have 4 separate individual accounts which run the tasks for our DAG members.

The documentation states that the VSA requires a mailbox with throttling disabled. But in the example for the script, it says that domain\username should be the account that runs the tasks. Currently, evadmin is the only account with throttling disabled. Do I need to run the script on the 4 accounts which run the tasks as well?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess I don't know why you are using 4 accounts to run the tasks.  Typically these task will run as the VSA.

I think you might be confusing the system mailbox that each task needs with the account they should run under.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I guess I don't know why you are using 4 accounts to run the tasks.  Typically these task will run as the VSA.

I think you might be confusing the system mailbox that each task needs with the account they should run under.

Robert_Ton
Level 5

That's exactly what I am doing - I totally overlooked the logon tab for each task which of course is using the VSA.

Thanks.