cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparation steps & process before bulk exporting archived Exchange mailboxes to USB HDD ?

John_Santana
Level 6

People,

I'm planning to export all of my Exchange Archived mailbox from EV v11.1 into the large USB drive as .PST file.

I assume the exported maiblox will be (email alias name).pst file:

1. Do I have to prepare any steps or maintenance task to expedite the export process ? eg. SQL offline maintenance, defrag, etc...
  2. is there any limit of the number of exported mailbox tasks in EV v11.1 ?

Any kind of help and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

do you mean all of your company's Pst files?

1. No you do not need to prepare anything but file access to whereever you want to export to. And if you didn't use PST Migration before you need to configure a PST holding folder (Site properties).

2. You should limit the parallel export. As far as I know the best rates where with 3-7 parallel exports. Depending on how your system is build.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Massimo_Vagli
Level 4

Hello John, 

It would be nice to also execute an "EVSVR - Verify - Complete" before the actual export to .PST

Massimo

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

do you mean all of your company's Pst files?

1. No you do not need to prepare anything but file access to whereever you want to export to. And if you didn't use PST Migration before you need to configure a PST holding folder (Site properties).

2. You should limit the parallel export. As far as I know the best rates where with 3-7 parallel exports. Depending on how your system is build.

@Massimo_Vagli, so how and where to find that stored procedure named "EVSVR - Verify - Complete" ?

I've never aware of that SQL stored procedure before.

@CConsult Yes, all of them, there are 18TB+ and almost 2000 archived mailboxes in total.

As for the parallel export, does it means I need to select just maximum 7 mailboxes per export wizard / per day ?

Do I need to add some more vRAM and vCPU to the EV Virtual Machine ?
At the moment it is 4x vCPU & 16 GB vRAM

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

by parellel exports I mean, that you can start more then one export wizard at a time.

Open 3-4 Export Wizards at the same time to optimize your export speed.

You can start with 3-4 Exports with your config, for each EV Server.

@CConsult cool, I will try to stop all EV processing and then do the exports from 7 and reduce it if it is causing 100% CPU.

So within the export wizard, I can then export about 100 archived mailboxes to .PST at one time ?

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

yes you can start chunks like 100 archives in one export wizard.

7 is probably to much. Try 4-5 and go down to see if the speed decreases. And try the speed with single reports so you can rearange faster.

@John_Santana 

EVSVR is not a stored procedure in SQL Server, EVSVR is an Enterprise Vault utility to check the vault store partitions health.

Check the utilities.pdf documentation for further details

Massimo

You could consider a third party tool, such as ArchiveShuttle, to manage this MUCH better.

Working for cloudficient.com