cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for upgrade

EV_Novice
Level 5

Ladies and Gentlemen,

after some years of hoping.... at last, my latest manager has agreed that we can upgrade our EV Server software and not only that we can upgrade to more powerful hardware !!

I've been advised that I might need some temporary EV licences, in order to proceed.

We're planning to migrate from EV 2007 7.5 SP3 through R8.5, R9.0.x on the old server and then on the replacement server which will be an x64 environment, we'll be going from 9.0.x to 10.0.x.

Can anyone advise on how I get my hands on the temporary licences ? We do have a current support contract for EV.

thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Honestly, wouldn't bother trying to get temporary licenses if your ultimate goal is EV10, your EV2007 license will still work, but when you get to 10, just log in to the licensing portal using the serial number from your current license and get your copy of the EV10 license.

If it doesn't show up, may be contact your sales team to find out how to get the license, normally the upgrade and license notifications go to the people that signed the original purchase order, so they may have the email, they may have deleted it, or they may not even work for you any more, so again, get in contact with your symantec rep and get that updated if need be

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Honestly, wouldn't bother trying to get temporary licenses if your ultimate goal is EV10, your EV2007 license will still work, but when you get to 10, just log in to the licensing portal using the serial number from your current license and get your copy of the EV10 license.

If it doesn't show up, may be contact your sales team to find out how to get the license, normally the upgrade and license notifications go to the people that signed the original purchase order, so they may have the email, they may have deleted it, or they may not even work for you any more, so again, get in contact with your symantec rep and get that updated if need be

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

EV_Novice
Level 5

I'll pass your suggestions back to those who told me I'd need temp licenses and try to contact our symantec, whoever that might be....

Thanks for the response.