cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent automatic enabling of virtual vault

Tobbe
Level 5

Hi all.
In the official document ”Upgrading to Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP3” (upgrade_instructions.pdf) it is stated that during an upgrade from 2007 to 8.03 “
By default, Enterprise Vault automatically enables Virtual Vault for all users who already have Offline vault”.

Now, this is not something that I’d like to happen since, to me, an upgrade should be transparent to the end users.

So in short, how do I prevent the existing offline vault users from automatically getting the virtual vault experience, and instead continue to work as prior to the upgrade?

Is just a policy setting that needs to be adjusted before the mailboxes gets synchronized the first time after the upgrade?

Thanks in advance,
/Tobbe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I guess you could just uncheck the box for Make Virtual Vault available to users in the Exchange Desktop Policy: Vault Cache tab

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I guess you could just uncheck the box for Make Virtual Vault available to users in the Exchange Desktop Policy: Vault Cache tab

Tobbe
Level 5
Thanks Tony.
That should do the trick.
Currently, we let the end users activate offline vault themselves. Do you know of any clever way to do an inventory to find which, or at least how many, users that have enabled the functionality. The deployment team tells me that they cannot fetch any registry info from Hkey_CurrentUser so looking for OVenabled and its value is not possible for us.

Krister
Level 5
I just have tested the offline vault, EV8 sp1, but I noticed that under the Vaultcache\shopping\domain it created a folder for that user who has the offline cache activated.

Maybe you can see it from there.

/Krister