cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Behavior Outlook Policy -- Outlook 2010

PeterWendell
Level 4

No matter what the advanced Prining Behavior policy is set to, Shortcut or Archived Item, only the shortcut prints when using the Quick Print or Print options in the Outlook 2010 reading pane. The only way to print the original item is to double-click the shortcut and then choose Prnit from the message window. Is this normal? the documentation seems to suggest that this policy should work just lke the Reply and Forward policies, which do open up the original item automatically.

We are running Outlook in on-line mode only with no Virtual Vault/Vault Cache, and using add-in version 10.0.4 against EV version 10.0.1.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I can see the same problem in my lab (10.0 sp1 )environment & the information given in tech note & admin guide is below.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=HOWTO56724

Printing behavior (Exchange Outlook setting)
Controls the behavior when a user prints a shortcut. The default is to print the contents of the archived item, rather than the shortcut.
Description

Shortcut. Print the contents of the shortcut.
Archived item (default). Print the contents of the archived item.
Legacy name PrintOriginalItem

I repeated same test in my 9.0 & 8.0 environment & gave print the shortcut, it actually retrive the archived email and then print the original item. This could be defect with EV 10.0 versiion (not sure in client or server binaries) and you should log a case with support team for further query.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I think what you are seeing is normal. Those quick print ways don't trigger print in a way that the EV Outlook Addin can detect it.
Working for cloudficient.com

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes, even I am able to reproduce it in Outlook 2010

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes. When we open the archived item , it brings the original item back.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

I can see the same problem in my lab (10.0 sp1 )environment & the information given in tech note & admin guide is below.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=HOWTO56724

Printing behavior (Exchange Outlook setting)
Controls the behavior when a user prints a shortcut. The default is to print the contents of the archived item, rather than the shortcut.
Description

Shortcut. Print the contents of the shortcut.
Archived item (default). Print the contents of the archived item.
Legacy name PrintOriginalItem

I repeated same test in my 9.0 & 8.0 environment & gave print the shortcut, it actually retrive the archived email and then print the original item. This could be defect with EV 10.0 versiion (not sure in client or server binaries) and you should log a case with support team for further query.

PeterWendell
Level 4

EV-Counselor,

Thanks for the confirmation that the problem exists for others and that it is currently not working as designed. This is not a huge problem for us since we are just getting ready to roll-out mailbox archiving and can deal with this in training.

I was finally just able to move to the version 10 add-in in testing since 10.0.4 resolved two bugs, one critical, that were affecting us. I didn't want to go into production with 9.0.2 add-in which was the last one that would work reliably in our environment. It looks like it's time for another call to support.

Case 04833772  has been created for this issue.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

Thanks for information Peter, Have a nice day :)