cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Calendar issue - Outlook 2003 and EV add-ins

Davismisbehavis
Level 4
Got a little issue with a rollout of EV in our organisation.

We've rolled the software out to all users in advance of enabling them later next week.

Some users are complaining that when they try and print their calendar's or in the case of some PA's they try print other people's calendars,  it egg timers and takes an age for the print option window to appear

This is affecting both users who have been activated and those that have not yet been activated for mailbox management archiving.

If I disable the outlook add-in or open outlook in safe mode it works fine for the user,  re-enable it and it goes back to taking forever to print off the calendar.

The other thing is that occasionally people are getting a message saying that

"The selected items will be sent to your default printer. Do you want to continue?"

If you select yes it opens the print options pop up,  seems to be a pointless message to me

Anybody got any ideas about how I can resolved these issues,  there is not a lot out there on the forums unfortunately,  keen to avoid the "nuclear option" as well.

Cheers

D.Misbehavis
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What version of the EV client are you running? This was fixed in 8 SP2.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/323677.htm

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hey mate,
What version of EV you running on the client and server?

Regards,

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
http://support.veritas.com/docs/280981

So if your client is below EV6 SP2 then this could be your reason

Davismisbehavis
Level 4
Hi Guys

Thanks for the responses,  we're using version 8.0 of the server and client software.

Thanks for the link paul,  I had read through that article however the users can print,  it's the fact that it takes 30 - 45 seconds for the print dialog to come up when you hit the print button.

My heart sank when I saw it was fixed in Version 6.0 SP2 :o(

Interestingly enough,  if you go to print preview and then print it's instantaneous which is very very strange.  This is providing a workaround for users for now,  however I want to get to the bottom of this to keep our users happy.  Unfortunately the people who print calendars are the PA's for our executive board,  need to keep them happy ;o)

Thanks guys

D.Misbehavis

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi I recommend opening a case with SYMC then. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

JBrockwell
Level 3
Did anyone manage to resolve this as since Wednesday of last week, we are now experiencing the same problem.

The user does not have ANY emails or Calendar entries archived, however when anyone tries to print their diary, they are also receiving the 40-45 second delay before bringing up the box regarding printing to default printer.  I have no idea what changed, but can't seem to find any resolution mentioned.

Jacqui

Davismisbehavis
Level 4

The problem is resolved in EV 8.0 SP2,  it was raised as a bug on the back of our help call and resolved in that release.

There were a couple of workarounds which our users are using for now until we can find the time to take the SP

One is to get the user to click on an appointment that has actually been booked as opposed to white space before hitting print

The other was to use print preview and then print which for some reason did not cause the issue.

Hope that helps

Cheers

D.Misbehavis

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What version of the EV client are you running? This was fixed in 8 SP2.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/323677.htm