cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Message Queues - best practice

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Hi all,
I'm using private message queues on ev server local drive.
Running deployment scanner I can see a warning on message queues because there are on local drive.
What is the problem?

Thanks all
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Yeah I think it is OK

We archive 100,000 email in a day through a Journaling task and our MSMQ is on the system drive and we have seen no performance issue. Actually we have exceeded what is stated in the official benchmarks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
No real problem just best practice to have the message queues not on the system drive for performance purposes

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Thanks Paul.
It is better using a secondary drive if it's more slow than system drive?
The difference between performance is really obvious?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
It will depend on the amount of data you are processing. If your amoutn of data is small then it is not an issue but if you are processing 100,000 email every day then you may see issues

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
I've about 500 users that archived every day 5/40 items for user, (about 10.000 items a day).
The scheduled archive task start when users don't work.
Do you think I continue to use private message queues on my system drive?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Yeah I think it is OK

We archive 100,000 email in a day through a Journaling task and our MSMQ is on the system drive and we have seen no performance issue. Actually we have exceeded what is stated in the official benchmarks

Nicola_Rositani
Level 5
Thanks a lot for your support.
Bye

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Dont forget to mark the thread as solved so the others who answer posts wont need to query if you have the answer you were looking for