we have a problem with the outlook add-in virtual Vault sync:
After synchronizing all itemns to the lokal vault cache on the client pc, there is noc PST Migrations Folder shown.
So I ran a ClientLogging, here is the output:
11/06/2010 05:28:28.398: HDRCHED: Log file created (level 0).
11/06/2010 05:28:28.400: HDRCHED: Last good sync. time is in an invalid format:80004005. 0 will be used instead
11/06/2010 05:31:47.484: HDRST: Attempt to get folder by PVID (1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com) that does not exist
11/06/2010 05:31:48.119: HDRYNC:ARC: Synchronization failed (std::exception):A PSTCacheTreeNoFolderException exception occurred: PSTCacheTreeFolder does not exist for PVID: 1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com
11/06/2010 05:32:02.099: CONTENT:BUILD: We are NOT using the proxy infrastructure
11/06/2010 05:36:58.997: HDRST: Attempt to get folder by PVID (1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com) that does not exist
11/06/2010 05:36:59.037: HDRYNC:ARC: Synchronization failed (std::exception):A PSTCacheTreeNoFolderException exception occurred: PSTCacheTreeFolder does not exist for PVID: 1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com
At the moment we ran the Version 8.0.4 with alle Hotfixes, an dOutlook 2003 on a Windows XP Machine.
I tried reset the Vault Cache 3 times, but the problem still exists
The User synchronising the Items has a ü (german u umlaut) in his username, can this be a problem?
Are you getting this problem with a single user - other users sync OK?
The error in the log points to an inconsistency in the archive data being received by the client from the EV server.
It might be worth reindexing the affected user archive, reset Vault Cache, and try to sync again.
If that does not work then it will probably require more in depth trouble shooting.
Have you tried running resetEVClient.exe; this is within .....\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EVClient, and then open Enterprise Vault Diagnostics and click on reset?
If that does not work, how about close Outlook & renamed ...\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeX\FORMS\1033 to 1033OLD, and then launch Outlook; 1033 folder will be rebuild. Then go to Outlook’s Help tab, click on Office Diagnostics to run a repair. After that, Enterprise Vault Diagnostics and click on reset.
The indexing data that is being used to build the cache on the client machine during the sync is referencing a folder (with pvid identifier: 1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com) that, for some unknown reason, does not exist in the folder hierarchy. The folder hierarchy that is used for Vault Cache sync is the same as used for archive explorer.
To get an idea what folder name this identifier refers to, you can use EV web search, this will also show how many items are involved.
When logged in as the problem user, browse to: <evserver>/EnterpriseVault/search.asp?advanced=3
In "Other Attribute" Name: enter "pvid" (no quotes), in "Other Attribute" Value: enter "1A8BA5A2C6DDF10438C0A8003930FCD4D1110000archivd.domain.com", then hit the search button.
The folder is shown for each item, just after the date and time.
I imagine that if you use archive explorer you will not see the folder that was identified in the search above.
I've seen the issue described in 317799 happen several times. Easiest way to fix was to follow procedure.
In your case, check with support, there might be a fix or a tool to help out (if it is indeed the issue you are seeing....)
You might be on the right lines with that. We've seen a couple of issues of late with imported data (from PSTs) where a "second" Top of Information Store folder has been created, and this doesn't show in Archive Explorer or Virtual Vault.
So.. try doing :-
select * from archive
Identify the Archive you are having problems with, and make a note of the RootIdentity column.
Then do :-
select * from root where rootidentity = number-obtained-from-above
Now make a note of the VaultEntryID, and do this query :-
select * from archivefolderview where archiveveid = 'id-from-above'
You may see something liket this :-
The procedures that Gertjan outlined may help correct that.
would that be related to the language used?
As hermann indicates, this might be on a german system. from your screenshot, the first line (sommet de la banque d'informations) is Top of Information Store in french I think.
The "Top of Information store" is in English regardless of which language client logs in to the mailbox fist on any "modern" flavour of Exchange. By modern I mean post Exchange 2000 SP 2. Remember that the language of the folders in the mailbox is determined by the first client that logs in.
HOWEVER many people are "discovering" that they have mailboxes which existed on (for example) Exchange 5.5, or Exchange 2000 base, and have then been upgraded/migrated through lots of other flavours of Exchange right up to (say) Exchange 2007 SP 2 Rollup 4.
So, as per my screenshot, I have "Top of Information Store" in French... when I do a PST import, we don't "see" the foreign language TOIS, we just create an English one, because it's not present. This then breaks Virtual Vault and Archive Explorer.
This isn't specific to a flavour of EV. Archive Explorer would be broken no matter what version of EV you used, and Virtual Vault in all versions / service packs that that is available.
We are working on ability to fix this up .. which should be available "soon".