cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem User

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Hello

I have a user that requires all his folders to be archived except the Inbox, please bear with me and see if my thinking is right.

I created a policy for this one user that has the settings in the Advanced Desktop Setting - Mailbox Properties Visible  set to Show Tab.

I then though there would be a tab on all the folders for KVS which would allow me not to archive the Inbox.

However no permssions tab appears on the folders - please advise

Many thanks - hoping you all have a wonderful christmas and a very happy new year

pat

7 REPLIES 7

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Here is what I would try:

You will have to set the mailbox to archive as normal then use EVPM:

This article describes how not to archive a sub folder. Just replace with the inbox.

If you use "Inbox" or "Sent Items" then use there named like this:

inbox
sentitems  (no space)
deleteditems (no space)

The policy that is applied to the maiboxroot should still be in effect for the mailbox.

You should see the tabs. (Not sure why you are not seeing them at this point. I will post if I have additional info).

Let me know if this helps

Jim S.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Patrick

You are on the right way.
Check if this "new" policy is on the top (so it gets executed first), the first policy which applies to a user is used.
Try then to run the provisioning task as well as Synchronize the Mailboxes.

You should get an "Enterprise Vault" Tab in Outlook on the properties of your folders.

But unfortunately, you will get another problem, then.
If you set the Inbox folder to "not archive", all subfolders won't archive, too, so would have to set those explicit to archive.

My suggestion:
Set the Inbox to "Not Archive" and restructure the User's folder to have the structure like this:

Inbox
 - EV Archives
    - <folders>

In human words: create a folder named EV Archives (or any name you want), set it to archive E-Mails and move all the folders the user has to this folder.

This way, you only have to set archiving policy on two folders, and the subfolders will inherit it.

Hope this was understandable, if not, just ask :)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
OK - I have checked all this but I am not getting the Enterprise Vault Tab ob either the mailbox or folders - why would this be ?

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified
If you are not seeing the tab, then most likely you are using the HTTP or "Lite" client.  You will only see the tab when using the Full (DCOM) client.

You can check by going to Help - About Enterprise Vault  and see what it shows at the end of the client version  Http or dcom.

I'm pretty sure there is also a Advanced policy setting for whether that tab is displayed if using the full client.

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
OK - your dead right - how do I get the full client instead of the lite ?

PATRICK_Kitchen
Level 6
Found and fixed thank you very much

Have a good christmas everyone and best of luck for the new year

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Way to go Paul!