cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem When Trying to Export Archived Mailbox

fdharmawan
Level 2

Hi Guys,

I wanted to export the archived mailbox of one person back into his original mailbox. We use Domino. I tried to follow a guide I found on the internet, but when I tried to export the mailbox, somehow the EV cannot find any mailbox.

I already chose Archive -> Export -> Export archives to their original mailboxes -> List all available archives. Somehow no archives found. 

EV No Archives Found.PNG

When I go to Find Archive menu, all the archived mailbox are listed there. Is there something I missed? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hey, 

this feature does not work with Domino - only with Exchange archives. (The first page of the Export Wizard states: "You cannot use this wizard to export items from Domino archives")

EV provides the Domin Export Archive utility for Domino archives:

How to use Domino Archive Exporter

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021985 

Regards

Marc

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Marcde

Hey, 

this feature does not work with Domino - only with Exchange archives. (The first page of the Export Wizard states: "You cannot use this wizard to export items from Domino archives")

EV provides the Domin Export Archive utility for Domino archives:

How to use Domino Archive Exporter

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021985 

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

Hi Marc,

Thank you for the reply. Do you have a more complete documentation on how to use the EVDominoExporter? Like what are the available parameters for /R and which parameters are a must or optional? So far I got no luck finding it. Thanks!

Marcde

Hi, 

I've only used it twice within the last years to be honest. Even the newest 12.5 utilities documentation only contains the information that are in the link that I've shared. 

For /R I believe you can simply use the name of the retention you would like to use to limit the export.

Due to a lack of a Domino lab environment I cannot give you much more information. Give it a try by exporting items into a new .nsf and play around with the parameters a bit. Thats what I recommend anyway as unlike with the export of Exchange archives the Domino Archive Exporter will not replace shortcuts in the mailfile and all items will be placed in the default view. 

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de

Hi Marc,

Based on your experience, can the EVDominoExporter export the archive into live mailbox? Will it append or replace the nsf file? And when you run the export, the process will copy or cut the archive? Thank you.

Marcde

Hi, 

I'd say this is more targeted for exports into a new .nsf file, at least this is what we did. Exporting should not remove content from the archive but as stated - pick a test archive if available and give it a try. Unfortunately I do not have more information

Regards

Marc

www.serviceware.de