cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem accessing EV 8.0.2 archives using Entourage 2008 SP2 (Mac)

TLuckey
Level 2
We recently upgraded from Enterprise Vault 2007 for Microsoft Exchange to v8.0 SP2 (8.0.2). The upgrade went well, and we are having no problems accessing archives through any of our Outlook/Windows workstations. However, I am having difficulty getting the new EV Toolbar for Mac v8.0.2 (1100) to open/restore archives with Entourage 2008 SP2.

When I select a message that has been archived and click the 'View' button on the EV toolbar, it only opens the stub/shortcut message. If I select that same message and click Restore from Vault, it notifies me that it is:

"Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items. Select at least one archived item and try again."

Interestingly though, if I select that same message and click Store in Vault I am presented with the following notice:

"Unable to archive the selected items because they are already stored in the vault."

As a sanity check, I selected a new message and clicked Store in Vault. I did not get an error, but the message did not become archived. So there is some evidence that the EV toolbar can distinguish archived items, but it can't actually do any archiving/restoring.

I have verified that the Exchange account is configured in Entourage to use the primary SMTP address, as instructed in the EV Toolbar's help menu. Are there any other components on the client or server side that may need to be adjusted? I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.
4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6
Hi I took the following out of the readme that ships with EV8Sp2.

In the Installing and Configuring manual, the section that describes the prerequisites for the Enterprise Vault Client for Mac OS X is not correct. Only version 10.5.6 of Mac OS X and version 12.1.5 of Microsoft Entourage are currently supported.

I believe the version of Entourage 20087 sp2 is 12.2.0, so this could be your issue.  If you rill back tro supported/tested level is it OK then?

TLuckey
Level 2
Hmm, that is a great thought but it didn't seem to make a difference for me. To be honest, I'm glad it didn't, because I'm hooked on the new SharePoint application that Microsoft included in SP2. After re-applying SP2 I noticed there was another update, and I have also verified that the EV Toolbar does not work with Entourage v12.2.1.

TLuckey
Level 2
I was able to reproduce this problem on another similarly-configured Mac. Does the Mac client do any client-side logging that may be helpful in troubleshooting this?

Richard-ADRA
Level 4
TLuckey, what is the SharePoint application you are referring to in EV8SP2, and where can I find it?  --Richard