cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loging in

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner

I have a few problems trying to log in to log into enterprise vault. EV services are running under "domain\evservice" account. I did not know the password for that account, so I had it reset. After reset, I changed service passwords in services.msc console and restarted them. All services are running now under "domain\evservice" account with a new password, but when I try to log in to Enterprise Vault I get " could not connect to the Enterprise Vault Directory on "servername"," error.

What do I need to do to be able to login succesfully?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner
Problem was related to migration of SQL Server databases. After migration, mydomain\myadmin account was listed as database owner (dbo). After i changed dbo to mydomain\evservice, I managed to login to admin consloe. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Look at this message thread there are some things in there that might help

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=106&message.id=1776

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner
Did that, but the problem is when I open Vault Admin console, I'm expected to enter directory name, but when I type EVSERVER1.mydomain.local I get an error message. All EV services are up and running though.
Message Edited by Davor Perat on 10-08-2008 04:07 AM

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Logged onto the Vault Server as the Vault Service account, make sure the vault console is closed.

Go to the Computer services and retype the password in the Enterprise Vault Administration Services and the Enterprise Vault Directory Services only.  Hopefully this will open the console for you.

Then open the Vault Console and type in the name of the vault server doesn't need to be FQDN.

After the console opens, go to the Directory Level of the Enterprise Vault Console.  Right click, Properties and go to Login Tab.

Type in the new password for the Vault Service account and let this process go through all the services to change the password.

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner

It did not help, I am still unable to login. In my event logs i have the following:

On evserver:

Application log:

A program fault has raised an exception.

Exception: Cannot open database 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' requested by the login. The login failed.

Login failed for the user 'mydomain\evservice'

Enterprise Vault log:

The Directory Service is waiting for another Directory Service to complete an update of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database, or waiting to get exclusive access to the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database. Please ensure no applications, for example SQL Enterprise Manager or SQL Query Analyzer, are accessing the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

System log:

The machine wide limit settings do not grant Remote Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {F4D3EB5B-C7C5-11D1-90DB-0000F879BE6A} to the user NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON SID (S-1-5-7). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

(Remote Launch permissions are set correct).

on SQL Server:

SQL Server log: Login failed for user 'mydomain\evservice'

Davor_Perat
Level 3
Partner
Problem was related to migration of SQL Server databases. After migration, mydomain\myadmin account was listed as database owner (dbo). After i changed dbo to mydomain\evservice, I managed to login to admin consloe. Problem solved.