cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem restoring emails from Outlook

edsanchez07
Level 3

Hi All,

I am having an issue with the EV add-in for Outlook, when I try to restore an item I get this message:

Could not process the selected items.

Reason: The Certificate Authority that generated server's certificate is not recognized.

I had been trying to add the certificate to the Trusted Root Authority, but is not working, the only way that I can restore the item is going trough Serch Vault option and acepting the Security Alert about the Certificate.

Certificated.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Have your EV admin synchronize your mailbox from the EV server. Also, was there a new certificate installed recently?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if i recall correctly, you recently had a domain migration. if you're forcing traffic on 443 you'll have to sort out the certificate issue in your environment in order for the EV clients to work properly.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If its affecting everyone then synchronize all the mailboxes from the EV server

AndrewB

he's getting the cert error on the Search page so probably rules that out

edsanchez07
Level 3

You are right AndrewB,

We recently migrate from one domain to other, how can I sort out the certificate issue? Do you have any Idea, because I tried to install the certificate in clients machines, moving the certificate to the Trust Root Authority Folder.

Thanks!

edsanchez07
Level 3

I already did that, but did not work

AndrewB

ed, is this issue only with one client machine or is it impacting all their machines? it seems like you need to resolve the certificate issue on the EV server itself by having them issue a new cert from the Enterprise CA and installing it on the EV server instead of the old one.