cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem using Outlook built in search while searching vault cache...

b00st3d
Level 2

Enterprise Vault Outlook Plugin: 10.0.0.3

Outlook: 2013

I have been experiencing this problem for a while now where I have to rebuild my windows index every couple of weeks to be able to search any content in my virtual vault. I am not sure exactly what is causing the issue, but as I said, rebuilding my index allows me to search my virtual vault. When I am having the problem, no emails will show up at all. I dont receive any particular error message other than Outlook stating "No Matches Found" for my search.

I have searched this forum numerous times, but no luck finding a solution. Any ideas? I do not have access to the server to make any changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Very odd.  I would suggest logging a call with Symantec Support on this topic.  It was an issue which was already resolved 'several times' in the recent past (with code changes).

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

hmm odd, I have seen that in older versions of the Outlook Add-in but not the 10.0.1 or higher versions.

You're away that when you're searching via Outlook it is only searching METADATA not the full message body? Are you saying if you search for ANYTHING it gives you no hits?

b00st3d
Level 2

correct. i could be looking at an email right under the search box and type in a word from the subject and have it return no results.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Very odd.  I would suggest logging a call with Symantec Support on this topic.  It was an issue which was already resolved 'several times' in the recent past (with code changes).