Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SEV Warning Event ID 7109

bagrationi
Level 5

Hello to all,

This morning i made some changes with Enterprise Vault Databases,

In general, i moved the whole "EVStorage" folder and "MSMQ" folder from one disk to another.

..After this action in the EV Server event viewer started appearing the warning event logs: Storage File Watch with Event ID 7109 - "An invalid saveset was encountered while doing watch file scan. This archive operation will be attempted to be cancelled. Following further information is available... " and this log file show me that some .DVS files not found, but in the evstorage folder on local hard disk these .DVS files are exist.

This warning Event ID is appearing each time when i restart  EV Server.

All the archived Items are opening successfully - From Outlook, from Archive explorer and from search vault all archived mails are also accessible. Items are also accessible from RPC Over HTTP connection (From external mail clients).

Only mail items with attachments are not accesiible from Exchange 2007 Web Access (OWA). The following text is appear when i double click on archived item in OWA: "The archived item is currently unavailable. If you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item."

Have any solutions or advices,

Anyone, did you have this kind of problem ? .... and if yes, what is your experience about this issue... can you suggest me..  ?

Thanks in advance,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
i think you'll find its cos the WatchFile table contains the absolute path to the DVS file and will be looking at the old location, not the new location
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Try opening the DVS file and see if you can open it .If it is corrupt just restore it from the backup .

The event ID which you are getting 7170 is known issue where some items are marked secured in VaultStoreDB (records removed from WatchFile/WatchSISPartFile and BackupComplete = 1 in JournalArchive) but corresponding SISPart is not marked Secured in FingerprintDB, and it is still under investigation

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
i think you'll find its cos the WatchFile table contains the absolute path to the DVS file and will be looking at the old location, not the new location
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

bagrationi
Level 5
So, now i return back all the folders and files to old drive and  hence all work fine,... without warning event id and from OWA the archived items are still accessible. It's very good...

But i need really the wright solution to how to move all the storage (EVStorage folder, MSMQ files) from one disk to another without problems. ..
It is necessity to change existing disk drive that contain all the archived items with indexes and MSMQ files to another one.

Do you have any step-by step guides or suggestions ?

Thanks,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Have a look on the following document  to move the MSMQ http://support.veritas.com/docs/284889
Also read the following document as well http://support.veritas.com/docs/290767

ttp://support.veritas.com/docs/273271
How to move a Vault Store partition or Vault Store on the same Enterprise Vault server from one location to another

bagrationi
Level 5
Ok, Thanks for your response and advices,...

I have the vault store folder with all archived files and the MSMQ files in the disk drive with the following letter: D and this drive have 20GB.

Also i have another disk drive that have 100GB space.

So, if i will copy all the Vault store and storage files, also the MSMQ files from 20GB  to 100GB and then will boot in the safe mode and simply change drive letter D from 20GB to 100GB,... then starting again EV Server in normal mode, .. all EV functionality will work without problems .. ?

... And it is interesting for me that this manner of moving whole vault store and MSMQ files will operate successfully in the future...  or with some kind of errors ?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated ..

Thanks,

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
1. I guess It should work fine if you change the Drive letter ..
2. If it works fine then you will not have any issue in future moving the MSMQ and the data location

bagrationi
Level 5
So, i copied the whole "vault store" folder and MSMQ folder from 20GB to 100GB disk drive and  have changed drive letter as posted already above.

... The warning event ids no longer appear and EV functionality is ok.

But there exist only the following problematic issue, that when i try to access the archived items from exchange web access (OWA), the following statement is appear above the message: "The archived item is currently unavailable. if you choose reply or forward, only the content shown below will be included. Click here to preview the original item." ....and when i'm double clicking on this message, it forward me on the original archived item that is opening in archive explorer..

Do you have some suggestions to this issue.. ? how to do so, when i open the arhived items, as usual the attachments are shown above ...

Thanks,