cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with enterprise vault

Jongas
Level 2
Hi I am having some problem with my enterprise vault, the icon are not visible in my MS Outlook. I have uninstall and install it again and I even reset the enterprise vault but still not showing the icons inside my Outlook mails.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Other things to check are looking at the Help menu in outlook, do you see "About Enterprise Vault" If that is there, that means EV knows that the user is enabled, it may just be the desktop policy hiding the buttons or the buttons arent being displayed because the tool bar is over crowded another one to look for is RPC over HTTP restrictions, as the client by default is set to be disabled if Outlook Anywhere or RPC over HTTP is used within outlook You can confirm this by going to C:\Documents and Settings\[userID]\Local Settings\Temp and then opening up the latest EVClient log file and it should say in there why the extensions are being disabled
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DaveW
Level 3
Jongas,

Have you confirmed that:
The mailbox has been provisioned?
The mailbox has been archived enabled?
The mailbox has been synchronised.

If the above has been done, exit Outlook and run the "ResetEVclient.exe" - assuming you have local admin rights on the PC in question.

Cheers,

DW

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Other things to check are looking at the Help menu in outlook, do you see "About Enterprise Vault" If that is there, that means EV knows that the user is enabled, it may just be the desktop policy hiding the buttons or the buttons arent being displayed because the tool bar is over crowded another one to look for is RPC over HTTP restrictions, as the client by default is set to be disabled if Outlook Anywhere or RPC over HTTP is used within outlook You can confirm this by going to C:\Documents and Settings\[userID]\Local Settings\Temp and then opening up the latest EVClient log file and it should say in there why the extensions are being disabled
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
Check the Outlook Client and confirm that the Evault add-in has not been disabled. Steps detailed below:

1) Open Outlook
2) Select the Help option on the Outlook Menu bar.
3) Select the About Microsoft Office Outlook option.
4) Select the Disabled Items...(sits in the bottom right hand corner)
5) If "Evault Add-in" is disabled, highlight and click enable.
6) (Close and Reopen Outlook client to confirm if icons are displayed).

Hope this helps!
Thanks,
Dennis
STS Symantec Enterprise Vault 2007
STS Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 for Exchange

Jongas
Level 2
Thanks to all who gave their thoughts regarding this problem of mine. I will try everything you suggest to me and update you guys.