cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Exporting archives to PST

ErockN
Level 3

Hi All,

First post on this community!  I did some research but was unable to find this exacty issue so creating a new post.

Lately I've been exporting 100's of archives to PST files.  Up until recently this process has been going well (very slow).  However, starting in the last week I'm unable to successfully export anything.  The export process will start, migrate everything up to 1-3 emails left and then hang.  When I close the export tool I'm able to find the newly created PST file but its missing those last items.  Once this event occurs I'm unable to start up a new export (get stuck at "Starting Item Processing"). 

We're using Enterprise Vault 10.0.4.  Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you restarted the EV server?

Working for cloudficient.com

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

^^^^ right to the "Hail Mary" just reboot! :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well it sounds like 'running out of system resources' type of situation.

MAPI is not good for handling PST files like that.

So, I asked the question :)

Working for cloudficient.com

ErockN
Level 3

Thanks JimmyNeutron and Rob.  I've already rebooted the server many times.  Once the server comes back up it seems to start migrating and then fails again.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

How many profiles show up when you access the Control Panel>Mail>profiles ??

If you have a ton of stale profiles you can use the EV Outlook Profile Count and deletion tool. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH213836

you might have to restart the task controller service or possibly the Admin to restart all EV services.

ErockN
Level 3

I checked the mail profiles under my account and there were only 2, which I removed just to be sure.

Any other ideas?  I can provide whatever troubleshooting info is needed.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you have the vault service account information? try exporting with that account. Also, can you post the information in the report that was logged. 

Do you know how to dtrace? Try dtracing the ExportArchiveWizard process. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH38122

Manideep_Neeli
Level 4
Employee

Hi ERockN, What is the size of the PST created at the time when the export hangs? 

ErockN
Level 3

Thanks JimmyNeutron.  I'll try exporting with the service account and see if my experience is any better.

Manideep, they PSTs would be larger.  In the area of 15GB.

Manideep_Neeli
Level 4
Employee

Hi ERockN, Could you please limit the PST size to 8GB (8096 AM) in the PST export wizard and then try to export. It would create multiple PSTs for the same archive in chunks of 8GB. I believe the issue is because of limitation in the outlook installed on EV Server.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Last time i saw this it was an issue with the archive itself, a bad folder name i believe.
What happens if you try and re-export someone you successfully exported previously?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146