cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Exchange Server <exchangeserver> item stays in the A3 queue.

OldEmployee
Level 5

We perform a run now task once a day on our servers.

Occasionally, the A3 queue will have this one item stuck in it and not process anything throughout the day:

1.png

If we clear the queue and run the task again, same item will come back and stay in the queue.

Is this supposed to take long time to process?

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It should not take much time. It is possible the item is corrupt and EV can't archive it. I suggest logging a case to investigate this.

--Virgil

Thanks Virgil.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

The A3 queue is: Mailboxes to process. Used if you start archiving using the Run Now option in the Administration Console.

If the item stays in this queue, it might indicate an issue with communication between EV and the Exchange server mentioned. If you do a run now, and get the item in the queue, do you see any connectivity events in the EV Eventlog?

Regards. Gertjan

OK, so took a few days for this to appear again.

I did a run now and can see the event 3297, immediately followed by

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault 
Date:          23.03.2018 08:34:10
Event ID:      3428
Task Category: Archive Task
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
A user's archive request has failed.  Not all of the messages could be returned to their original state.  These messages will remain as pending archive in the user's mailbox. 

Mailbox: /o=domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=fpato1 
Folder:   

Task: Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for ExServer

Error: <0x8004011d> 

This is the only event showing up post run now.

1.png

I checked a second server with same issue and same event is seen after a run now.