cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning: Skipped Journal Mailbox - EV9

MASSONB
Level 3

Dear all ,

I'm currently facing exactly the same issue as here => https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/provisioning-skipped-journal-mailbox-ev8 but with EV9.

"CN=Lastname\, fname,OU=Users,OU=CH,OU=IT,DC=e,DC=j,DC=a Skipped journal mailbox"

I did run this command :

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE ExchangeMbxType = 2

The result is of course only this user mailbox.

I did try to update the value of "ExchangeMbxType" for this user to 1 again as suggested in the article but as soon as i run a provisionning to enable the mailbox for archiving again , the ExchangeMbxType parameter goes back to 2.

The only thing i didn't try is to delete the whole line in the DB , not sure how EV will behave then ?

Any idea or suggestions will be much appreciated !

Thank you

Bryce

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You could delete the line. It should not cause any issue. You could also ZAP the entry and provision it.

But before you try that check the Exchange Server to see if the users mailbox was being targeted as a Journal Recipient in the Journal Rules

- Shailesh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

You could delete the line. It should not cause any issue. You could also ZAP the entry and provision it.

But before you try that check the Exchange Server to see if the users mailbox was being targeted as a Journal Recipient in the Journal Rules

- Shailesh

MASSONB
Level 3

Dear shailesh,

Thank you for the fast answer. It helped me in solving the issue . In fact this mailbox had indeed a test journal rule configured .. Not configured by me so i was not aware of this !

Anyway , i'm happy that this is fixed ! Thanks for the help again

Brice