cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning task Error on Update

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Hey ya'll,
I just ran in to this bug on a client site. Turns out it's a .net bug, and you need to apply MS hotfixes to fix it. KB articles, kb922770, KB916002, as well as the critical updates from MS. The order you need to do it in is:

1) repair .net2.0 from the latest MS dnld
2) apply critical updates
3) apply 922770
4) apply 916002

the order of ops seems to be important.

micah

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Enterprise Vault

Event Category: Exchange Provisioning Task

Event ID: 41111

Date: 3/8/2007

Time: 11:24:05 AM

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

The Exchange mailbox provisioning task failed during processing of a mailbox. The task is continuing.

Task: Exchange Provisioning Task for kmv

User:

Mailbox:

Provisioning group: Whole Exchange Organization

Group member: Whole Exchange Organization

Error: SqlDateTime overflow. Must be between 1/1/1753 12:00:00 AM and 12/31/9999 11:59:59 PM.

Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Directory.DirectorySP.GetExchangeMbxEntryState(String siteEID, String legacyMbxDN, String mbxGuid, DateTime userCreatedTime, String adMbxStoreDN, Int32 migrationMode, Boolean reportMode, Int32& state, String& conflictLegacyDN, Int32& mbxStoreIdentity)

at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySyncTaskProcessor.ProcessCreateOrUpdateMailboxEntry(UserProperties userProps, PolicyTargetInfo targetInfo)

at KVS.EnterpriseVault.ExchangePolicySync.ExchangePolicySyncTaskProcessor.WorkerThreadFunc()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.aspMessage was edited by:
Micah Wyenn
5 REPLIES 5

JohnF_2
Not applicable
I am getting this error.  I ran the recommended fix process step by step but it did not resolve my problem.  Has anyone else found a solution to this error?

Brian_Day
Level 6
I'm glad to see this. I have 3 users out of 23,000 or so getting this exact same error. I'll try your suggested fixes tomorrow and see if that helps.

PTenk
Level 2
Partner

arloliveira
Not applicable
Does anyone knows the solution for this issue?

I have one user with exactly the same error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Enterprise Vault

Event Category: Exchange Provisioning Task

Event ID: 41111

Date: 3/8/2007

Time: 11:24:05 AM

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

The Exchange mailbox provisioning task failed during processing of a mailbox. The task is continuing.

I already follow the suggested articles but the problem remains

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Please do not hijack other's post, and create a new discussion for every problem you have.
This way, we got a clean forum.

To your problem:
Is there anything else in the Eventlog?
Could you dtrace the provisioning task?

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.