Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folder Archiving with DAG and Public Folder Replication

migeauxy
Level 3

Hi

We have a configuration question with the following configuration

Enterprise Vault 10

Exchange 2010 SP1 DAG, with 2 servers, and a public folder database that is replicated across both servers

Each DAG member host one Public Folder database that replicate each other using Public folder replication

the users are split into 2 mailbox databases, one preferably on DAG Member A , and the second one, on DAG Member 2

The question is : how do I have to configure Public Folder Archiving task ?

on each DAG member ? On one of them, and the PF replication will replicate the shortcuts ?

Do I need multiple evault Mailboxes ?

Please advice

Thanks

Yannick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

A single system mailbox is sufficient.  You do not need Public folder archiving tasks for each member of the DAG.  

You shouldn't need to worry given you have the folders replicating (via Public folder replication).  Ensure the public folder database for the tasks system mailbox is from the same Exchange server as you have created the task against.

-Karl

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

A single system mailbox is sufficient.  You do not need Public folder archiving tasks for each member of the DAG.  

You shouldn't need to worry given you have the folders replicating (via Public folder replication).  Ensure the public folder database for the tasks system mailbox is from the same Exchange server as you have created the task against.

-Karl

Ameen
Level 6

As PFs are not part of DAG you dont have to create PF archive task for each servers. I would recoment you to create task for the server where the PD DB is created first.