Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Folders Exchange 2007/outlook 2007

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Hi,

I have a question i cant find the answer to.
When installing and configuring EV on a Windows 2003/2008 server, installing outlook 2007 and the target exchange server is 2007.
Is stil public folders required for forms?

I know as long as outlook 2003 is installed on EV server Public Folders are mandatory.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Outlook Forms
By default, the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-Ins automatically deploy forms to the user's Personal Forms Library when no Organizational Forms Library is available. If you do want to distribute forms using the Organizational Forms Library, instructions on how to create this on Exchange Server 2007 are given in Installing and Configuring. You can use an Exchange Mailbox Policy setting to control how forms are deployed.

Automatically deploying Exchange forms locally

Instead of deploying the Exchange forms for Enterprise Vault using Exchange Organizational Forms Library, you can use the Outlook setting, Deploy Forms Locally, to deploy the forms automatically to the user's Personal Forms Library.

The possible values for this setting are as follows:

■ Never: Never deploy forms locally.
■ When no Org Forms: This is the default. Deploy forms only when there is no Organizational Forms Library available.
■ Always: Always deploy forms locally.
■ Delete: Always delete Enterprise Vault forms from the user's Personal Forms Library.

Please look at the "Installing and Configuring" guide.

--wayne

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
WHAT? you can use forms locally, the otlk version on the server is irrelevant.  I also always recommend otlk 2003 on the server as otlk 2007 is so much slower. i have seen a much reduced number of messages per hour on otlk 2007

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Outlook Forms
By default, the Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-Ins automatically deploy forms to the user's Personal Forms Library when no Organizational Forms Library is available. If you do want to distribute forms using the Organizational Forms Library, instructions on how to create this on Exchange Server 2007 are given in Installing and Configuring. You can use an Exchange Mailbox Policy setting to control how forms are deployed.

Automatically deploying Exchange forms locally

Instead of deploying the Exchange forms for Enterprise Vault using Exchange Organizational Forms Library, you can use the Outlook setting, Deploy Forms Locally, to deploy the forms automatically to the user's Personal Forms Library.

The possible values for this setting are as follows:

■ Never: Never deploy forms locally.
■ When no Org Forms: This is the default. Deploy forms only when there is no Organizational Forms Library available.
■ Always: Always deploy forms locally.
■ Delete: Always delete Enterprise Vault forms from the user's Personal Forms Library.

Please look at the "Installing and Configuring" guide.

--wayne

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
No, you don't need public folder forms any more.  As Wayne said, choose to Always deploy the forms locally.

Regards,

Kenneth_Hansen
Level 6
Partner
Thanks for answers, will try this :)