cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query for EV deployment.

jain_mitesh4
Level 4

I have one forest and one domain in the forest.

I have two Sites "A" and "B" in the forest.

IN SITE A: I have 3 Exchange server, 2 of them having mailbox server role installed and are in SCC Cluster,1 having hubcas role installed.

We have EV 10 deployed on site A for this exchange server mailbox archiving.

IN SITE B:I have 3 Exchange server, 2 of them having mailbox server role installed and are in SCC Cluster,1 having hubcas role installed.

IN SITE B we need to install EV 9 only for the site B's Exchange server mailbox archiving.

The Exchange Servers are in the same organization.

I have a query that will this new deployment of EV 9 on SITE B clash with my SITE A EV archiving which is already working.

Do I need to take any precautions before installing EV 9 on Site B so that it wont give me any problems with existing EV 10 archiving in SITE A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

IF you are creating a diffferent directory database then it should not.Make sure you dont add the exchange server for site A in the site B Ev server and make sure the provision groups are configured properly so you enable the correct mailbox.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

IF you are creating a diffferent directory database then it should not.Make sure you dont add the exchange server for site A in the site B Ev server and make sure the provision groups are configured properly so you enable the correct mailbox.

jain_mitesh4
Level 4

thanks

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Alternately, to simplify  you could add a second site into your existing EV environment to support the second location.  The primary caution to both designs would be construction of the Provisioning Groups targets so as to preclude users from one site being referenced by the other.  I have found that using membership on a specific Exchange server(s) to be useful in creating separate provisioning.