Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about "SMTP Mailbox Journaling" function in EV12

Edward_Wang
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Hello team,

It seems that a new function "SMTP Mailbox Journaling" will be introduced into EV 12. I have a question that if the EV administrator able to set different retention category for end user and audit user?  For example, end user is able to search their own emails in 1 year, and audit user is able to search all the emails in 3 years. Would you please give me some feedback? Thank you very much.

Best Regards

Edward

4 REPLIES 4

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do you mean EV11?

SMTP Archiving is already an option now.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7121

To answer your other question, I doubt very much there will be any feature where you can limit the amount of archived data, based on age, which the end users can search, its kind of going against everything EV is about.

Edward_Wang
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

What I mean is a new feature in EV12. The "SMTP Mailbox Journaling" is able to create end user archives, based on the journal email. It provides mailbox journaling for end user archive usage.Email stored in Inbox or Sent Items based on direction. User access the archive items via EVS or IMAP.

Best Regards

Edward

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Edward,

SMTP Mailbox Journaling is available in EV11.0.1 CHF2 already.

You will not get informatio on EV12 from here, as EV12 is not yet out, and not even in beta yet. close, but not yet.

there should be a PDF somewhere, called "Setting up SMTP Archiving 11.0.1 CHF2.pdf"

That has described how to configure it.

Regards. Gertjan

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

The sketchy informaiton about SMTP mailbox journaling does not yet indicate whether or not there will be abilty to set different retention time periods, but I usspect not since it's a single copy with access granted granualarily.