cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on EV DR setup

abhi_2
Level 3

Hi,

We are on ev 7 and soon we will be on ev 7.5. We would like to have a DR setup for EV. Data (both SQL and Centerra) will be available on the DR site (SAN replication is already established). Now my question is how can I implement DR for Evault. I will install one more EV server in the DR site and it will be in the same EV site. But how to deal with SQL and the archives (both will be avilable at the DR site). I was searching for a DR document, unfortunately I could not find anything. Any pointers are highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified
yep, we use the building blocks method along with VCS..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified
without trying to sound patronising in any way, are you aware of the building blocks way of doing this?

bring all EV/SQL services down
replicate data to DR site (mirroring with Centera?)
bring all EV/SQL service up

in between all this, you would need to amend aliases to point to the DR nodes and any SQL entries pointing to the data etc - i.e. partitionentry table

Also, need to run USL (Update Service Location) so that the services can run on the other node

a bit more detail to it but thats basically it I think

Cheers

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As mentioned previously there is the building blocks method but also in EV2007 we not only provide support for clustering vault with Veritas Cluster Services (VCS) but also with Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS).

VCS Support was introduced in EV6 SP2 and MSCS support was introduced in EV7 Base.

You will find all of the information that you require within the administrators guide that comes with the software in .CHM and .PDF formats. Within that document there is an entire chapter dedicated to all of the different recovery methods.

Jason_G
Level 4
Certified
yep, we use the building blocks method along with VCS..